Saturday, August 14, 2010

Denson Pizzeria

We celebrated my sister, Jen, and my brother in law, Tyler’s, birthdays today at our home.  We wish our grandparents could have been there, but my grandpa is still not doing super well, so we will have to do another event when he gets to come home!  Continued prayers/thoughts for him would be greatly appreciated!

Anywhom!  Jeremy and I decided that today would be a perfect time to try to make homemade pizzas on the grill.  We usually do the normal hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken, etc…. so we opted for something different that everyone had to get involved in.

The only thing I didn’t get from Target was the dough.  We got those at Central Market.  One dough can easily make two personal size pizzas!
IMG_2563
From your regular grocery store you need to get corn meal, pizza sauce, cheese, and any toppings that you want.  I got mushrooms, green peppers, pepperoni, and onions.  Worked perfect!

Start your assembly!  Put corn meal ON your pizza tray to help with non-sticking.  Roll out your dough.  We used this roller that had spikes on it (can you tell I don’t cook???) and rolled that on it before saucing.  Why?  Ehh… not sure?!  Sauce your pizza, cheese next, any other toppings you want, and I cheesed again!  MMmmm… that was the trick!
IMG_2564 IMG_2565
Put a pizza stone on your grill and put some corn meal on that as well.  Slide your pizza on and let ‘em cook!  Easy as that!  Don’t put your grill on high though, maybe medium or lower. 

IMG_2566
Of course, I stopped taking pictures at this time because I was running pizzas back and forth and eating for the next two hours.  Awesome!!  Everyone seemed to really enjoy it!  Yeah!

Final Result:  Jeremy and Tyler decided to take a nap while watching the Rangers.  Maybe they ate too much pizza… or maybe, it was the non-coke drinks??

IMG_2567 IMG_2568 IMG_2569

Hard life they lead.

And, fyi, Rangers are now losing 3-0 in the 9th and no outs.  Not looking too promising.

UPDATE!  Jeremy might not love that I am putting this, but oh well.  I am hysterical laughing.  A loud commercial just came on and he popped up but then immediately started talking about something that deals with $50.  I just looked at him and was like what??  He goes you know when you all were getting ready at 5:30 and we were talking about no one wants to go out late anymore and we already eat dinner by then?  I was like no… I have NO idea what you are talking about.  I was laughing at the time, of course.  He tried to explain it more time and he said I was hurting his feelings beause I was laughing.  And, he is now sleeping again.  I love him!

Josh Hamilton Home Run!!!

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that looks so yummy! i love anything from the grill, AND i love pizza, so what is not to love?

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

We had a lot of fun and the pizza was super yummy! Great idea! Thanks for hosting! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

Yum Yum!!!! I love pizza, I haven't had it from the grill yet though!

ps. I just tagged you in my last post, you should do it, it was lots of fun!! ;)

Kristen said...

Homemade pizza parties are so much fun. I haven't taken my stone out to the grill before...I am afraid I'd drop it on the way back into the house. Seeings we haven't had homemade pizza all summer because of the heat, though, this sounds like a great idea!

Unknown said...

Hello! I am popping by from New Friend Friday and love the idea of grilling pizza. We haven't tried it yet since Pampered Chef hasn't replaced my pizza stone yet, but we certainly will..it looks so yummy.

<><
Jen
http://JenandherMarine.blogspot.com