Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Isn’t that fluffy?

Today was a fun craft day!  I had such a wonderful time hanging out with my sisters, Jen and Allison, and a few of my best friends, Melissa and Stefanie.  Of course, Bella was there to make us smile even more.  Allison, from A Glimpse Inside, had a great tutorial on how to make a wreath using coffee filters.  So, a craft day was in order!

Jen and Al were working on other crafts while the 3 of us made wreaths.  These wreaths will take quite a bit of time!  It took me almost 4 hours to finish it.  Which, went by quickly because I was laughing the vast majority of the time. 

You will need coffee filters (duh!), a wreath, glue gun, ribbon, and an ink pad.  Making the wreath is super easy but just time consuming because you want it to look very full… which causes it to be very fluffy!  That is the first thing Jeremy said when he saw it.  Hope that was a good comment??
IMG_2467
Remember, candy is a must.  I recommend skittles, starbursts, and M&Ms.

IMG_2470 
We also used the ping pong/pool table for extra space for all of our supplies.  And, of course, we needed to revert back to the directions to make sure we were on the right track.

IMG_2471
Melissa, Jen, and Al crafting away :)

IMG_2472
Stefanie found the perfect way not to mess up her precious coffee filters!
IMG_2473 IMG_2476
I’m making progress!!

IMG_2477 IMG_2478
YEAH!!!  Finally complete!!  I decided not to put it over my entry way mirror because, well, it was just too fluffy.  So, we hung it on the inside of our front door and I really love it there.  What do you think?

IMG_2480 IMG_2483
Remember, that I made this one for the outside of the front door.  I am a wreath making machine! haha
DSCF3371 

What should my next craft project be?

10 comments:

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

that turned out really cute! i like that it looks like a light pink color- I thought it would have looked more white when you were working on it. had so much fun! and too funny...i just posted about my lampshade! :)

jamotta said...

Looks like a wonderful day together, crafting, eating candy and laughing.

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

That Looks FABULOUS! Great job! So happy you made a party out of it! I love it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for helping us have another great Anything Related! ~Bridgette

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Your wreath reminds me of a carnation! Forgot to mention that in my first post! Still love that you made it!

Also, I am doing a giveaway! Would love for you to enter! :)

Joanna (joanna.price(at)live(dot)com) said...

I LOVE the one that you have outside, super cute! Your door is beautiful, too! =)

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

This is my favorite coffee filter wreath I've seen in bloggy land. LOVE that it's so fluffy! Great job!

Suzanne said...

This is such a beautiful wreath -- so luscious! Like another commenter -- this reminds me of a gorgeous carnation!

Michelle L. said...

Whoa, that is one serious wreath! It's pretty awesome. Such impact!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Your wreath turned out amazing! I love how full you made it. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn