Monday, February 23, 2009

oh music


So I randomly decided to go on YouTube to watch live music performances and it made me realize how much I miss going to go see concerts. My last one was Mr. Buble (LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!!!), but I used to go at least once a month, if not way more. I love going to see live music, esp in small spaces... ah it is amazing. So, I have decided to list some of my favorite artists and some songs that I like. They may not be your particular style, but they have passion in their songs that make me just love them!

Oh course... Everything by MY Micheal Buble

Anything by Damien Rice... I am sad that Lisa has left, she was so great

Ocean - John Butler Trio

Sideways - Citizen Cope

Blood Red Summer - Coheed & Cambria (RANDOM.. but I like them! ha ha)

Colorblind - Counting Crows (oldie, but goodie)

Dave Barnes & Matt Wertz - like pretty much all of their songs

Savannah's World - David Saw

Blacking out the Friction - Death Cab for Cutie (they are a great band, check them out if you haven't already)

Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks (I miss them)

speaking of... what happened to She Daisy?!

Psychobabble - Frou Frou

Cruisin - G. Paltrow and H. Lewis

Iron & Wine... very relaxing music... used to play them constantly while studying in college

Oh God - Jamie Cullum (You REALLY need to listen to him, he is so amazing.. go see him live, he is ridiculous!!!)

Jason Mraz - his whole Live CD is pretty spectacular

Come Around - Marc Broussard

Matt White Band - I found them on myspace in college and I like him!

Ossining - Mike Doughty - Bob introduced me to him and many others in college... random good music

Norah Jones - I just like her music!!

Hello...... the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, I could watch that movie every week!!

I can't pick just one song, so listen to The Postal Service

Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright

Taking Back Sunday reminds me of Summer of 2005 (I think) so I will like to randomly play it

Shy That Way - Jason Mraz & Tristan Prettyman


Okay I think that is enough for now! Allison's baby shower went really well and I will post pictures soon! I get to babysit John this weekend with Jeremy and my dad.. which means they will play ping pong and I will get to sit and try to make John laugh as much as possible :)

Any music that you think I should try?! I need new music!!

1 comment:

Celice said...

I will check out some of your favorites today while I work!
Yes, we DO need to scrapbook soon. All my stuff is spread out on the kitchen table ready to go!