Monday, February 9, 2009

baby needles... yikes!

Sadness... Jeremy is flying to Germany today and I hate it. I hate being home alone, it scares me and I can barely sleep. So I will be having a slumber party at my parent's tonight! He is coming back Friday, so it is a short trip; better than the 10 days he was gone last time. But still stinks!

I am making window treatments, finally! And when I say "I", I mean my mom and I... which means my mom is sewing and I am helping to pin them :). Jeremy and I went to Home Fabrics and Rugs (or whatever the name of that place is right by NE Mall) and found three amazing fabrics for our formal dining, guest bedroom, and master bedroom. It was pretty exciting times for Jeremy to get to pick out some fabrics! But I worked on the dining room one for a few hours yesterday with my mom and we are almost done. We had to line it.. which wasn't an easy task, and we have three complete sides, including getting our trim on two sides, and then all we have left to do is make the pocket up top and dunzo! Two more windows to go.. but the others will be easier. I am not lining them and I am not putting trim on them. Just two basic panels per window. I will post pictures of the process later when it is complete. Who wants to see before and no after pictures?! Not me.. that's annoying.

Why the title of this post? Well, Thursday was quite the trying day for me. I can't say it was the highlight of my year.. so far it is the worst day in 2009... far worse than my stupid stop sign ticket. Which we all know how angry I was about that! (Find something better to do at 5am than pull me over in my own neighborhood!) Anyways... I have decided to switch doctors, so I had my first appointment there. I am in the waiting room and I check my work email (I took the morning off to do this) and I have a bit of a problem with an email that was sent to me... if you know me than you know this... probably shouldn't talk about it here, but just know I was angry! =) Then I go get the physical done and then its blood taking time. I tend to pass out from time to time... like later on when I take the band aide off.. its weird, I know, but it happens. So, I tell her that she might want to have my lay down.. sitting up is no good. And not to give me the play by play, no commentary is needed. Well, she gets out the baby needle, I have small veins apparently, and takes a jab at my right arm. No good, lets try the left, stab, no good. So, she sends me to another place in Grapevine to get it done. Awesome. I am driving around like a moron trying to find this place and finally just starting crying from everything. I finally get there, wait in line and then they take me back. The lady has the needle IN my right arm and is like hmm strange and WHILE the needle is IN my arm goes to get another nurse. Crying begins almost immediately! They are pushing on my arm and poking around with the needle in it... I am truly surprised I didn't throw up or pass out right then and there. I was getting pretty hot! So they have to switch arms, yet again, and finally they finish up. I must have looked like a freak to the people in the waiting room, red eyes and I swear my hair was comparable to a troll doll. I am driving to work and I am just upset and I go into the office and they just send back home. Perfect. So, I drive to the court to pay my fine to take defensive driving (might as well do all the bad things in one day) and I get up there to find out that my insurance expired like two days ago. So I get in my car, cry a bit more, and drive home to sleep! Amazing Thursday huh?! Jeremy was sweet and got me a card and candy to make me feel better. It was just one of those days when everything went wrong. LOVERLY!

Well, my conference period is about to be over and I need to grade a few late grades since they are due tonight. I love late work...... Pictures of windows coming soon :) Get excited people!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that Jeremy is gone, I know how bad it sucks:) I am excited to see window pics!

Celice said...

When you finish your curtains you can come to my house this week and have a scrapbooking slumber-party?!