Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jeremy and I had such a great weekend and not super busy, which is a first. We met friends for dinner and drinks on Friday and then went straight to bed. I couldn't stay up to save my life! Saturday I did my usual workout, and then we cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. It was so hot outside yesterday that I actually laid out and got a little tan. We went to church and ate at Trulucks. I love that place! We sat at the bar for a while and listened to the guy sing piano. He was really funny and had an amazing voice. Some girls that were there just hanging out came up and sang and they were incredible! Made me want to be able to sing even more. Guess who else was there?! Only one of our fav Cowboys, Mr. Jason Witten, was there eating! Jeremy ran into him in the bathroom and I was super jealous. Oh to be a guy at that moment! Strangely, a group of about 8 guys all wearing Cowboys jerseys hung outside the restaurant until they were asked to leave. I wonder how they knew he was there. So we left and we were driving away and a group of drunk 40 year olds on a patio of a different diner threw something at our car. They were doing it to every car that passed. Are you serious?? Could you possibly be more immature than my students? And the answer is, yes. We just couldn't believe it. So, we found the number to Taco Diner and told them about it. Well, that didn't do any good because the manager spoke very broken English. I don't know if she even understood what I was saying. Oh well, I did my part!


Has anyone else read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich? Hilarious! Although, now I have to read all 15 of them. But they aren't very long, so it shouldn't be a year long read or anything! Reading this got me thinking. I really enjoy series books, some are awful, but usually they are much better. Here are some good ones that you might want to check out.


Who can talk series without talking about Twilight by Stephenie Meyer?? Oh Edward, how I love you. I read these 4 plus the one online in a week. I don't think I accomplished anything, but I believe my time was well spent. Why Jeremy can't be Edward, I don't know. Although Jeremy brought up an interesting point. He said, "Emily, if I was a vampire we could never have kids because technically my equipment is dead." Only Jeremy would say something like that. I looked at him and said, "yeah, still wish you were Edward." Anywhom, I think the first one was the best out of all of them. I reallllly wish she would finish the 5th one, which is the first book but in Edward's perspective.



James Patterson is one of my favorite authors. Quick reads! The Alex Cross series (Cross, Double Cross, and Cross Country) are amazing. I really like Alex, but I wish he would pick a girl already! Maybe this last one will actually last. The Women's Murder Club is better than Cross, I think. There are 8 of them and I have read and loved them all. I didn't watch the TV show, and apparently no one else did because it got cancelled quickly. I am not one for books to turn into shows (but TrueBlood worked!) because I always envision the characters much different and then I get all caught up in the differences. Yikes.


No one said Harry Potter was only for 10 year olds! I have only read 3 of them, but I thought they were really entertaining. I am going to finish the series one day. Not sure when that one day will be, but I will.


Good old Emily Giffin. Something Borrowed and Something Blue were cute reads. I can't say I remember a TON about them because I read them a while ago, but I remember I really liked them!! A girly read every once in a while are always needed. I read Baby Proof too, but I can't remember if that was part of the series or not. I think it was!! But, I could be wrong on that. Oh well, they are three cute books.

I think that is enough books for one morning. Any series or single books that you love??!

No comments: