Sunday, March 14, 2010

And….and…..and

So much to blog about!  First things first, Spring Break started Friday at 3:45.  That is when I sprinted out the front door with textbooks and papers in hand.  They are still in my car, does that mean something?

Bella’s birthday party was Saturday and we had a great time, as did Ms. Bella!  She is a bit of a ham and loves to be the center of attention, so she loved everyone watching her at all times.  Sadly, my batteries in my camera died as she was opening presents, so here are a few of what I got.
DSCF3158 DSCF3160 DSCF3161 DSCF3163 DSCF3164 DSCF3165 DSCF3169 DSCF3170 DSCF3173 DSCF3174

Uncle Jim and my cousin, Heather, were in town for the weekend and we loved getting to spend time with them.  As always, I took one picture from my parents house and they aren’t even in it.  What is wrong with me???  (but isn’t it adorable!?)
DSCF3177

In other news…. painted for a few hours today.  It was GORGEOUS outside.  After a workout I threw on my paint clothes and just painted away.  Did I tell you that I found a dresser down the street that was on the curb?  Yes, I made Jeremy and Brad get it for me.  Nothing wrong with it, why not have some fun?
IMG_2327 IMG_2329
DSCF3178 DSCF3179
You like?  I do!

I also bought this chair off craigslist for SUPER cheap and I love the shape of it.  No idea what I am going to do with it yet.  I don’t think I can tackle that upholstery, but we shall see.
DSCF3183

I finally painted another chair.  I still need to sand it a bit to get some character back, but it is getting there.  Slowly, but surely… it is becoming a likeable piece.
IMG_2262 IMG_2268 DSCF3186

We still need to redo another chair we bought which we can do ourselves.  Hopefully this week that will be done.  We ran out of time before dinner and now I am busy doing laundry and being lazy.  Such is life.

Our pool is coming along!!!!  In another day or two the long step with the spill-ways will be all stoned in and working.  Can’t wait :)  We just love coming home and seeing the progress that has been made. 
DSCF3180 DSCF3181 DSCF3182

Finally, I have decided that my life would be better if I could buy workout pants and other bottoms in Smedium!  (Pronunciation: Shm-edian)  That would be half way between a small and a medium.  I can fit into a small but two more pounds and I am out.  Mediums are too big… it is just a never ending cycle of disappointment.  But, we ran to the mall with Jeremy’s mom today and we found great Nike Capris that fit AND were on sale.  Double whammy.  Lisa is getting me a pair for my birthday and I bought a pair for now. 

Isn’t life grand?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adorable birthday party! Everything was so cute. And your dresser makeover is fabulous! I almost redid mine this weekend too, but Saturday and Sunday brought 35 mile an hour winds so not ideal for being outside and painting! I love the way yours turned out.