Monday, February 15, 2010

Exhaustion

Saturday was the day the I felt last night, Sunday, while I tried to get up from the couch.  Apparently, my body has a slight delay in soreness.  I woke up early and went to an abs class and a master step class.  It was amazing.  I quickly went home to rinse off and bundle up and we headed out to the Ft. Worth Urban Challenge.  I don’t think I was fully prepared for this.  The clues were hard and we, Jeremy, myself, Staci, Brad, and Brad’s parents, were ALL googling and searching on our phones and using Brad’s GPS.  There was a little math involved and I got that problem right!  Woohoo!  There were 13 clues/places we had to go and a final clue that lead us to the finish line.  It took us about 2 minutes shy of 4, yes…FOUR, hours.  So after about 200 google searches, 2 bus ride, 6 miles, 14 places around Ft. Worth, a lot of stairs climbed in the wrong building (sabotage… not kidding), my letter flying in the middle of the street and trying not to get hit by a car chasing it, a glass of wine, and a kiss later; we completed.  We didn’t even get the top 25, but only be a few minutes.  Not too shabby for our first time.
IMG_2306 IMG_2307 IMG_2308 IMG_2309 IMG_2310 IMG_2311
That last one is super dark, sorry.

Valentine’s Day was pretty good.  Jeremy and I didn’t really do anything but get cards that we have yet to fill out.  Jen and Brad hosted the pizza lunch and it was delish!
DSCF3120 DSCF3121 DSCF3122 DSCF3123 DSCF3125 DSCF3127 DSCF3128 DSCF3130 DSCF3131 DSCF3133 DSCF3135

Anyone else watching the Olympics?  Pretty fun so far.  The skating is crazy; I just can’t stop thinking at how bad their backs must hurt because they are always bent over.  But, I guess they are used to it.

Take a short trip to California Wednesday night to see my Aunt.  I am glad that I get to see her, but not happy about the situation.  This is a trip that we are doing very short notice, so I just happy that I am about to get away from class.  I am going to be missing the Probability Carnival that I put together for my students and other classes, but I will see their projects complete before I leave.  My students are so excited about their hard work and getting to host the carnival for the rest of the school, so it should be a great time for them. 

Off to eat dinner with Jeremy’s parents and his sister, who is in town this week.  I LOVE our families! :)

No comments: